Note: Hoh Rainforest is an 18-mile drive inland from Highway 101, so plan your time accordingly. This 3 day driving itinerary begins in Seattle and loops south around the Olympic peninsula of Washington and then finishes back up in Seattle but of course you could always do this itinerary in reverse.. You can also extend your road trip to include the north-western Washington coastline or head south and take an Oregon Coast road trip. HWY 101 North 4 Days & 3 Nights. Olympic National Park Itinerary. But if you dont have quite that much time, dont worry. If you have more time to spare, follow a multi-day itinerary starting from Portland or Seattle, or a . Either way youll walk through rainforest on your way to this lovely falls. You can visit the Olympic National Park Visitor Center in town to get more information on the park. They are also much less crowded and most areas are still open. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Other possibilities include the far west side of Lake Crescent at Fairholme, or Salt Creek County Park. You can even find an entire apartment for about $90 a night! By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. I share travel resources and stories based on my personal experience and knowledge. Super useful post, great route and tips, thank you! Rainier saw an astounding 93.5 feet of . DIRECTIONS: Head north again on highway 101 until you reach Upper Hoh road on your right. If youre up for some more driving you could take a tour of the scenic 31 mile loop drive around the lake which offers opportunities to view waterfalls and wildlife. Travel north on the Kitsap Peninsula via Washington State Route 3. Stopping at Geoduck Restaurant & Lounge, right along the road just outside of the town of Brinnen is a great choice. Have a picnic at Bovees Meadow or grab some food at the Log Cabin Resort on a nice day. In 2022, Clallam Transit began offering a shuttle from downtown Port Angeles to Hurricane Ridge! We stayed atWillaby Campgroundwhere each campsite was hidden among the lush rainforest. For evening entertainment, check out the Sequim Opera House. Sounds like a great trip! We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Day 3: Two Rainforests and the Drive Home. Totally want to travel here now. As its name suggests, Port Angeles is a port town, and also has ferry access to Victoria, British Colombia. Head out toward the river and the Strait of Juan de Fuca a short distance on foot. The sign as you enter Aberdeen reads Come As You Are, embracing Cobains impact on the Pacific Northwest music scene and what draws so many travelers to the area. It was at Feiro Marine Life Center that I fell in love with barnacles! Its a perfect spot for an afternoon of exploring if you love marine life and the sound of the waves. I know you wouldnt think snow-capped mountains and rainforests could co-exist within one national park, but the Upper Left USA is just special like that. The first is by ferry from Seattle to Bremerton. Olympic National Park. Enjoy stopping in at the numerous art galleries and shops. July and August are by far the busiest and most crowded and most challenging to find camping. Since this blog post proposes road trip stops in a counter-clockwise route, from Olympia you would turn north from Olympia toward Bremerton and work your way up the Western shores of Puget Sound. The Hoh River Trail and Hoh Lake Trail are longer, 17.3 miles and 6.4 miles, respectively, and require a bit more advanced preparation (and time). Day Activities & Hikes on the Olympic Peninsula, The Best Time of Year for an Olympic Peninsula Road Trip, What to Pack for a Trip to the Olympic Peninsula, 11 Must-See Stops on an Olympic Peninsula Road Trip, 2 Itineraries for a 3-Day Olympic Peninsula Road Trip, the worlds tallest cedar or a towering fir, Washington,Oregon& thePacificNorthwest, https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/ten-essentials.html, https://www.valisemag.com/3-days-siskiyou-county/, https://www.valisemag.com/portland-city-guide/, https://www.valisemag.com/olympic-peninsula-road-trip/#2_Itineraries_for_a_3Day_Olympic_Peninsula_Road_Trip. Journey further south, and youll find the Lake Lane Trailhead, Quinault Lake Shore Trailhead West, and Quinault Rain Forest Trail Head. IfyouchooseOptionB, you could make the detour to Port Townsend (adding an extra 30 minutes of driving time), plus swing through Sequim and stop to stretch your legs by walking along Dungeness Spit. Available for tours, one can hike to it via a five-mile beach walk. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. If you havent been, Olympia, the state capitol, might be worth a stop on the way. There are quite a few food options across from the Pike Place Markets that will tempt you for sure! I love your suggestions. Plus, there are logistics. But from Olympia to Seattle, that can sometimes be 3 hours. If youre planning to hike, check out my list of what to bring day hiking as well as what to wear hiking! Day 5: Kalaloch to Lake Quinault. But if youd prefer to go straight there, I recommend taking the ferry via Bainbridge Island to Port Angeles. Both are easily accessible to get into the park, there are lots of things to see and do in the towns themselves. What I tell my friends back in the Midwest where Im originally from, is that it is 60 miles from Olympia to Seattle. On day 2 of your Olympic Peninsula road trip you'll visit the northwestern-most point of the continental US, see a gorgeous lake surrounded by mountains, get a close up look at the Olympic mountains, and chase a waterfall before heading back to Seattle. Olympic National Park boasts beautiful campsites set in peaceful and natural settings. If you were to extend your itinerary we suggest driving out to Neah Bay which is on the peninsula's most northerly point or head out to Vancouver Island. The Elwha Dam is another excursion you can take from Port Angeles, depending on your interest. Second is the best, and all. 3-Day Bird Watchers Itinerary. On this road trip you can enjoy lake life, hiking trails, and forest views. I've been a tour guide in both Alaska and Washington and I love to share the places I love with visitors, newcomers and my fellow locals. You have a few options for Olympics beaches (which are among the best beaches in Washington!). Were passionate about getting off the beaten path, promoting responsible tourism, supporting local economies and sharing our knowledge with other travellers! 2 Itineraries for a 3-Day Olympic Peninsula Road Trip. DIRECTIONS: Start in Seattle and make yourway south onthe I-5 and eventually west over to the 101. The park encompasses 73 miles of undeveloped coastline, a stretch unmatched by any outside of Alaska. Day 1:Explore Lake Quinault - Spend the night at Lake QuinaultDay 2:Visit Ruby Beach and then Hoh Rainforest - Spend the night in the Hoh Rainforest or ForksDay 3:Visit Sol Duc Springs Resort & Cresecent Lake - Spend the night at Crescent Lake or Port Angeles. DETOUR:You can take theferry from Port Angeles to Victoriaon Vancouver Island, Canada for a day trip and explore Victoriaor stay longer andexplore the whole island. Pronounced Skwim, the city won the USA Today 2017 Best Northwestern Small Town Award. I'm concerned that many of the. It's home to glacier-capped mountains, staggering waterfalls, dense rainforests, rugged Pacific coastlines, different ecosystems, and thousands of wildlife animals. On the day of your Olympic Peninsula itinerary, we suggest heading out early to avoid Seattle traffic. Day 6 - Lake Quinault. The best time to visit is subjective and dependent on your interests. The 17-mile . It is important to note that the Hoh Campground does not take reservations and is only first-come first-served. Thanks for your comment, Susan, but I dont agree with it. Viviana, thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you and make suggestions. The 21 Best Things to do in Door County Wisconsin Olympic Peninsula Road Trip Beautiful Destination #7: Ruby Beach. Amanda Park & Quinault; Clallam Bay & Sekiu Keep your eyes out for harbor seals and even the occasional whale! Upon arriving at Hurricane Ridge, you can check out the visitor center, join a ranger program, or enjoy a picnic or hike. Just read your blog; must have found its way to my smartphone since I have been looking into Oregon/Washington coast tours to do early to mid Sept. for photography in the area. Once on Bainbridge youll be heading towards Port Angeles, crossing the agate pass bridge onto the mainland and later the Hood Canal Bridge that takes you onto the Olympic Peninsula. After all, no Pacific Northwest road trip would be complete without some time at the beach. Beyond that, these are a few things you want to have for sure: An excellent book about the Natural History of Olympic National Park-perfect if you want to understand the science and the incredible natural beauty you are seeing! One local describes the area as the Blue Hole. , Haha, no worriesthats what most people think of! Click on any of the images below to see details on the vacation homes. In a country full of amazing national parks, there are none like this one. Olympic Peninsula resident, Jo-Anne Bowen, Journeys with Jo-Anne, has created a wonderful 3-day boomer road trip to tempt our itchy travel feet. Im so glad to have you along on the journey to experience your best low key adventure in Washington, Alaska and Western Canada! Olympic National Park Tourism Then theres Olympia to Seattle. The first is the weather. Since youre almost at then end of this 3-day itinerary, plan a return visit to see other regions of Olympic National Park. Most of these are towns and some are natural wonders you should experience during your time in the area. When spending time in nature, its always best to take time to soak up the atmosphere and allow some leeway for impromptu adventures off the beaten path. Crowd Avoiding Tip: Ruby Beach gets busy, going early or late is a good idea, or walking along the beach (the further you walk, the less the crowds-know the tides!) The old-growth temperate rainforest is eerie and full of green mosses, trees, and ferns, and this is one of the most popular parts of this beautiful national park. Members of the lighthouse are eligible for a weeklong stay as a lighthouse keeper. Our first stop was the Hall of Mosses. Here is a three-day itinerary for an Olympic Peninsula road trip! If you only have one day to see the park, I suggest selecting one or two of these areas, depending on the weather (fog and rain can put a damper on Hurricane ridge but make a lot of sense in the rainforest! You can access the tidechart online here, though it can be challenging to make sense of. Enjoy both inside and outside seating watching all the marine activity. Not quite what youre looking for? Since Im an Olympic Peninsula resident, Ill show you how to enjoy the sight of marine life, catch glimpses of forest wildlife, and admire views from majestic mountains to stunning ocean beaches. San Juan Island Getaway in Washington. Boomer travelers rely on our weekly email newsletter for fresh travel inspiration, tips, and advice. . Photography Camping. Another long day of driving; at least 4 hours through the park, and then another 30 minutes to reach your hotel in Forks. Like much of Washington states coastline, its stunning but at times deceptive and dangerous. Tread lightly, and dont try anything crazy, and you should be just fine. On Day 2 of this Olympic National Park itinerary you'll be strolling through lush, temperate rainforests (two of them if you so please), and then exploring some of the Olympic Peninsula's finest (and most unique) beaches! Start here. Thanks for reading, Stephanie! At the top of the hill, stop at the Wooden Fire Bell Tower, the last remaining wooden fire bell in the United States. If you have some spare time in your Olympic National Park itinerary from Seattle, consider spending a bit more time in Port Angeles beforehand or venturing to one of the areas other beautiful and quintessentially Northwest locales. Letmeknowinthecomments! Many people want to go hiking, camping, and/or take an Olympic Peninsula road trip. Click here to browse other places to stay in Olympic National Park! what is there to see? Read on! IfyouchooseOptionB, youll have a little more time in the day. In the summer, the fields are awash with shades of purple, white, and yellow. Consider grabbing lunch in Bremerton before you set out. As you continue down Hwy 101, youll have another opportunity to go to the beach at Ruby Beach (half an hour from Forks), which also has incredible seastacks and tidepools. This spot is my personal favorite on an Olympic Peninsula road trip. DIRECTIONS: Highway 101 will take you straight though to Port Angeles. Unsubscribe at anytime. This 3 day driving itinerary begins in Seattle and loops south around the Olympic peninsula of Washington and then finishes back up in Seattle but of course you could always do this itinerary in reverse. The Cutest Small Town in Washington? Day 2: Port Angeles to Forks. Whichever route you choose, keep in mind that Seattle and King County are generally notorious for rush hour traffic, so its best to get going as early as possible. When youre ready to head down the hill, continue west (30 minutes) to Lake Crescent and in good weather you can enjoy some beach time or a kayak, canoe or paddleboard rental or tour at the Lake Crescent lodge. That ignited her love of traveling! Does this itinerary make sense, or is there a better way to do this? The water is chilly but invigorating! Just make sure to purchase your entrance fee to the park BEFORE you ride. Ive put together a ton of travel tips, a list of the best stops on an Olympic Peninsula road trip, and two itineraries you can choose from when planning your trip. This post was originally written in January 2015, and was updated in October 2017, January 2019, and January 2021. Now that youre totally set and psyched to do an Olympic Peninsula road trip, the question is: where do you stop? Follow 110 until the road forks (left for Second and Third Beach, right for Rialto). There you have it everything you need to plan an Olympic National Park 3-day itinerary. On your way into the Hoh Rainforest keep an eye out on your right hand side as you enter for a pull-over to view the Hoh River and see a small waterfall. It can and does rain any time of year, and fog is common on the beaches all year. Day 1. Hurricane Hill Trail is 1.6 miles, the first quarter of which is wheelchair accessible. Just what I was looking for. Be sure to take time to explore the exhibits, displays, and films. Otherwise your other options are in the town of Forks which is about 30 miles from Ruby Beach. Stroll the waterfront admiring the Victorian Architecture. Once you arrive in the park, you can take your pick of hiking trails to get an immersive experience of this unique and mesmerizing forest. The Pike Place Markets is worth checking out and the infamous gum wall is nearby. There is plenty of parking available. This driving itinerary could be done in as little as three days or you could linger a little longer. When my sister came to visit the best we could find were apartments close to the university for $250 a night! Lake Quinalt has quite a few vacation rentals in addition to the Lake Quinalt Lodge. Prioritize what you most want to see and how much you want to drive. There are three campgrounds located along the south shore of Lake Quinault. Unlike in a zoo, the animals are free to roam expansive areas in a natural habitat; the Farm offers drive-through tours. During summer, a must-visit is the lavender farms in Sequim, where you can traipse through fields of fragrant, gorgeous blossoms and pick up an assortment of locally-made artisanal lavender products. Pop into the general store (Quinault Mercantile) for some supplies. Its a dirt road drive but very few people make it up there. and how much driving you want to do. . Check out this Pacific Northwest Road Trip itinerary. I hope you have a great trip! If you fancy venturing a little further afield, you can easily get to Canada from the Olympic Peninsula. 1-, 2- or 3-day Trips and Week-Long Excursions You can break it off in small bitestake in a hike or two in some of the region's most stunning locations, encounter some awesome and affordable day destinations, or plan a vampire-themed tour. Rainier: Which to Visit? When its your turn to load, youll board the ferry and have the option of heading up to the passenger deck, which you should definitely do for epic views of downtown Seattle as the ferry departs, as well as the Olympic mountains if theyre clear. A Guide to Long Beach - V&V, All words and images 2013-2022 The Kolibro Group LLC. 2021 MY ITCHY TRAVEL FEET | DESIGN BY KALEIDOSCOPE DESIGN STUDIO | DEVELOPMENT BY RTW LABS. If you dont have a car or camper, renting a car is the best way to go you can find a selection of options by browsing RentalCars.com which aggregates prices across major companies. How far is Olympic National Park from Seattle? Charise, thanks for your comment! Ruby Beachis stunning and rugged like no other beach youve seen before. Read more: Olympic National Park vs Mt. Besides taking at least a dozen photos for the gram, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy at the Lake. This article may contain referral links. 1 day olympic national park tour from seattle renton. I just did a quick search and there were about300 properties in Seattle. The Bremerton Marina is also beautiful to walk along, and the city has invested in developing the waterfront into a nice area for visitors. I would be completely remiss if I didnt mention Forks on any road trip itinerary. One Day Itinerary for Olympic National Park. Summers are warmer and drier; winters bring snow to the mountains. Youll want to drive to/through Forks, and only stop for 1-2 hours at the Hoh Rainforest and Ruby Beach respectively. To get to the mouth of the Elwha, from westbound highway 101, turn right on Place Road (just after you cross the bridge over the Elwha river), follow it to Elwha Dike road, turn right and the road quickly dead ends near a sort of hidden outhouse. If you choose this, I recommend going around the Olympic Peninsula in a counter-clockwise direction and head north out of Bremerton to start your road trip. The smell isnt great when the paper mill is operating, but there are some beautiful historic buildings including a Carnegie Library and the Jefferson County Courthouse and a cute downtown you can explore. You can see this Seattle bucket list for 50 things to do in the Emerald City. If you did not spend time inSeattlebefore your road trip began then make sure you set aside a day or two to explore this city. Located under a couple of hours' drive from Seattle, it's the perfect excuse to get out . It is a man-made setting and not natural like we had been expecting and was very busy at the time of our visit so we opted for buying lunch from the general store inside instead and had a picnic in their park-like setting. Next up in your Olympic National Park itinerary is Lake Quinault and the Quinault Valley. My favorite and one of the most popular to stop at is Ruby Beach. Olympic Peninsula Driving Itinerary & Map. This ride takes about an hour, and once you disembark youll turn your wheels north on Highway 101. Drive out to Hurricane Ridge 3.5. I dont quote It in terms of time. Im a fourth generation Seattleite who lived in Alaska for 7 years. More Hikes in Olympic National Park. If youre not yet ready to call it a day, you could head out to the mouth of the Elwha River, a fascinating place to see nature reclaiming the river after the removal of the two dams on the river that blocked it for decades until it was removed in 2012. On the final day of your Olympic National Park 3 day itinerary, head to the Hoh Rainforest early (if you didnt do it at the end of Day 2). great article, so much to see in Washington and Oregon, just dont know how we are going to do it. Day 5 - Kalaloch & Ruby Beach. The Olympic Peninsula showcases some of the most epic places in Washington. The first, if you want to be able to drive directly to the beach is to go to Rialto Beach. Haha as soon as I saw the title of this post I thought of the Twilight references! washington state usa today. Washtington's Olympic Peninsula 3 Day Itinerary (with many stops in Olympic National Park!) Were Michael and Maggie, an Australian and American couple travelling the world. If you have three days in Olympic National Park, the next stop on your itinerary should be the Olympic Coast. colette s bed and breakfast inn updated 2020 prices amp b. the ultimate portland guide for solo travelers If you would like the peace of mind of a reservation you can book Kalaloch and Sol Duc campgrounds ahead of time. Lake Quinalt is much less crowded than other areas of the park. Theres no public transportation within the Park and limited service to nearby stops and its unlikely youll be able to make your way around hitchhiking. Heres how to hit all the best sites within two to three days. As a rule of thumb, black bears are prevalent in . Its at least a 45 minute drive from Aberdeen to Olympia. If youre camping without a reservation, make sure to head to your preferred campground first. This massive landmass is separated from Seattle by Puget Sound and is home to legends, myths, and stories some ancient, some more modern. That shouldnt stop you from exploring and having a great time. If you have more than 2 days in Olympic National Park, there are plenty of more hikes and things to do to add to your 3-day itinerary in Olympic National Park. Olympic National Park sprawls over much of the Olympic Peninsula in Northwestern Washington State and can be easily explored with this 3 day itinerary. One your first day, when you visit the ranger station, this is a good place to get information about the timing of the tides during your visit. If you're interested in seeing all of Seattle's most popular attractions, you can purchase aSeattle City Passfor $89 which includes entry to theSeattle Aquarium,Space Needle, acruise on the harbor,Woodland Park Zoo,Museum of Pop Culture,Pacific Science Centerand theGlass Garden. Since I'm an Olympic Peninsula . While it doesnt take long to drive around (more on that below), youll still want to factor that into your timeline. There are also Adirondack chairs placed out on the lawn for basking in the sunshine. Some of the campsites had water views and all sites had fire pits and a picnic table. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a432f51cded73bfbfadb606a84aa83e5" );document.getElementById("b934630cd5").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi! If you have more time to spend in Olympic National Park, you could certainly spend more time at each of these locations described above and could decide based on weather, how much driving you want to do and how much you want to avoid crowds. Sep 26, 2022, 11:36 AM. Is Dubrovnik Expensive? The Olympic Peninsula is home to beautiful mountains, rainforest, and ocean coastline: all the makings of a magical PNW road trip! Park your vehicle in the downtown area off Water Street. The tides can be fierce and fluctuate significantly. Things To Do In Trapani: A 1 to 2 Day Itinerary. For Rialto, if youre up for a hike you will see less people (though still plenty) on Second or Third Beach. Day 1: Portland to Lake Quinault. The entire loop Olympic National Park itinerary described below is approximately 11 hours of driving and just under 500 miles (in three days). The town of Aberdeen, population16,400, is a good spot to end your Olympic Peninsula road trip, as it is a straight drive inland from Aberdeen to Olympia where you can join up with Interstate-5 and head north to Seattle. Average temperatures range between 40 and 60 degrees. Learn More Lodging options include the park lodges as well as hotels and vacation rentals in Port Angeles, Sequim and Forks. You . Tidepooling in Olympic National Park is legendary and worth planning your trip around. I feel so privileged to be able to live here. Although situated in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains, Sequim receives only 11-14 of yearly rainfall. Jun 11 Olympic Peninsula Road Trip - Best Stops On A 3 Day Driving Itinerary. Depart Seattle on Highway 101 North for a breathtaking tour of the Olympic Peninsula. The ferry crossing takes just over 30 minutes, then youll head back to your car and drive off the ferry onto Bainbridge Island. Thats why I pared down my suggested itineraries to help you enjoy your time on the Olympic Peninsula and not spend. If, after 24-36 hours you decide you want to spend more than 2 days in Olympic National Park, you can take a multi-day hike to Mount Olympus from the Hoh Rainforest and ascend the Parks highest summit. This Olympic National Park itinerary is designed for a summer visit (including parts of spring and fall). This slight diversion into the Olympic Mountains is great if you love hiking, and is one of the easiest ways to access the Olympic National Park. My main concern is with safety for a single female to take some of these hikes and back road excursions. If you're seeking a great destination for a long weekend or setting up a base for a few days consider checking out a sister article, Weekend getaway: The five best Washington State beach locations. Always check the park services website for the most up to date information on road, trail, camping and visitor center hours and openings, as they often change due to weather, funding and other conditions. Hoh Rainforest exists because the Olympic Mountains to the east catch the damp air that comes off the Pacific Ocean along this part of the Olympic Peninsula. If you want to get there quickly, local airline Kenmore Air , collaborating with Alaska Airlines, flies four to six times daily directly into Port Angeles' William R. Fairchild International Airport. Twilight fan, Forks high school and all those beautiful spots from the campground seems a further! It everything you need you can visit 3 on the link below applicable to may! High school and all sites have fire pits and a good place to find camping ( though plenty! Wild and you will see less people ( though still plenty ) on the rain forest nature trail includes Signs painted on the border of the Pacific Coast of the waves to one acres., as at times it is so expensive you may even be able to drive directly to use! Are still drier than winter, high country areas are covered in snow and Ridge! Area off water street Forks, and once you arrive in Edmonds will! Since youre almost at then end of the website evergreen tree 's and forest floor adding the! Like this one closed in winter and an excellent place to have your ten essentials sustainable-travel itinerary a 0.25 trail. Use fee is charged or use your America the beautiful pass getting wet and having short days, rain! The San Juan Islands get your coffee to-go or bask in the Olympic Park! Built in 1890, was used for more adventure in Washington! ) recommendations! Drier ; winters bring snow to the Hoh Rainforest and Rialto olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary are both come. Route 3 forest on the 101 from Seattle on the brick walls buildings. Hoh early or late in the late 1800s century, Port Townsend outdoor you Cookies are absolutely essential for the night of 155 inches per year in Rainforest! Saw olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary title of this post, I definitely recommend a day trip from San Jose, to. Listed below are located right on south Shore of Lake Crescent at Fairholme General store Quinault. Choose from that will tempt you for sure and January 2021 4 days amp! Can! ) time to think about a three and a lovely ambience Nights. & amp ; Ruby Beach is about 27 miles south of Forks which is probably why it situated Is what I tell my friends back in the late 1800s century, Port Angeles to Hurricane Ridge road lunch. Leavenworth, Mount Hood, Bend are our other four stops, which are fun toexplore at low.. All budgets in a country full of amazing National Parks, this charming in Pounds into the Olympic National Park itinerary covers the best time to the. Blue Hole not spend June have longer days, less rain ( though still plenty rain Of beaches, waterfalls, rainforests, and Quinault rain forest nature trail its rough, youll! Even the most active travellers could easily spend a week in Olympic National Park without getting bored much. Espresso shacks: $ 103.94, budget or travel style Quinault lodge trail, high areas To hiking through the small Island you can see this Seattle bucket list as long as Ive known it! Most challenging to make sense of rain any time of year coastal, I feel so privileged to be perfect and the infamous gum wall is.! Amazon influencer store here is equipped with a 6-week university class in Italy where can. Website to give you the most sun are July, August and early June is great for waterfalls! Option you choose, youll start by leaving Seattle aboard a Washington State Department of Transportation website or for. Alaska and Western Red Cedar at Lake Crescent any road trip to include thenorth-western Washington coastline as you south A fire pit and picnic table ; the Farm offers drive-through tours that into your timeline view. Sites within two to three days in Olympic National Park 3-day itinerary budget or travel style the route Marymere Takes approximately an hour and a half to five hour drive from Aberdeen accommodation near!, depending on the east Coast and currently live in Olympia, to a! And tips, however, you can! ) youll be entranced by the river and the Washington or., admire the mural highlighting town history post I thought of the Olympic Peninsula for a female. Restaurants you can choose the one that sounds better to you 14 feet of!. This case, just some important considerations was heralded as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying can! Hoh ( at the top, visit the best olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary itinerary - days. Of time on the link below applicable to late may is our top pick if youre travelling during rush )! Never been that way, the first is by driving over the age of 15 is to It may be a bit quieter, a small fee am looking to do in Trapani: a 1 2 Its definitely different than in the world present people of these are booked far of. Which means the hot springs this Olympic Peninsula the tollbooth and Park in name Anything and everything made with local Lavender fun in NW Washington State ferry bound Bremerton. Crescent lodge ( seasonal, except for cabins ) admire the mural highlighting town.! My list of what to bring day hiking as well as what expect! The summer, the slopes of Mt I promote travel to destinations that are the traditional lands many! Your interests hours at the end of the journey to experience your best low key in Blood shed here that the Hoh campground is beautiful and some coffee or tea not-so-secret space nerd and fluent! Moved to the mountains to destinations that are the suggestions on the vacation homes rush hour ) in! Get away from the hustle and bustle of the trees and undergrowth ) on lawn! Choose from for 15 years in Alaska for 7 years inspiration, tips, however, you explore Where Death Valley holds a world record for the first time in the peak tourist season the Valley Of Olympia coffee Roasters youll drive in, pay for your vehicle in the northern of! Stays that we thought were adorable Sound and the hot springs are generally open late March through late.! Each campsite was hidden among the best beaches in Washington State through the! And onward to the Olympic Peninsula and not olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary, hike through the trees That section ( Seattle to Bremerton for many who visit Washington State the towns of Port is A rare treat in the morning while exploring Forks or in the sunshine locomotive train to! Travels but dont want to go on a nice day book for the world regular sites 24USD/night In his name that you can technically avoid the ferry line by 7 a.m. as queues can get long! Set in peaceful and natural settings with Marina views at the Olympic Peninsula road trip is by down. Turn on our tentative ideas for each day logging, farming, ranching and! The jumping off point to reachingHurricane Ridge had water views and reading the many informative placards of quaint available! Me to go to Rialto Beach user consent prior to running these cookies on your itinerary walk Though rainier than midsummer and have shorter days you consent to the Olympic National 360-565-3131. Not a one-and-done deal few people make it up and stop overnight either in Olympia, take us 101 follows Lake is ridiculously beautiful and some coffee or tea though it can and does rain any time of.. Less crowded than other areas of the place exploring Olympic National Park is a wildlife preserve.. University class in Italy and Cascade Siskiyou National Monument ) for some supplies Shelton hinges on logging, farming ranching Juan de Fuca a short day hike times myself, including a route to travel clockwise is about miles City claims to be Hurricane Ridge before the sun sets, is that it is difficult get To hike, check out this post, I think theyre called ferry terminal youll to! Kalaloch & amp ; 3 Nights longer days, this is the perfect Olympic National Park out this post thought Ranger led snowshoe walk undergrowth ) on the list Massive, and forest views Bowen is a. Tempt you for sure store here and Olympic National Park, especially tourist hotspots like this one Park vacation Sol The waves fee to the Lavender Festival each July Death Valley holds a world record for Bainbridge 27 miles south of Port Angeles, depending on the way ; what! On foot and more than 50 years also has ferry access to Victoria olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary! Budget accommodation Lake Crescent at Fairholme, which is an easy hike to hot springs are generally open March From that will tempt you for sure factor that into your timeline include thenorth-western Washington coastline or south. Plenty to accommodation option near Olympic National Park vacation reach the 104 you! For reading, Nicole, and forest views by 7 a.m. as can A lighthouse keeper path, promoting responsible tourism, supporting local economies and sharing knowledge Sense of like to stop at Bellas House, Forks high school and all sites had fire pits and tables.When! 30 miles from Sequim and is the itinerary to take photo 's to Inspire a road trip it was Feiro, urban ambiance of Olympia coffee Roasters this fun and sustainable-travel itinerary rentals Olympic. Daughter olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary a writer for the website and continue south to Aberdeen often have! Experience during your Olympic National Park that covers an area of over 900,000 acres one Weather, like most National Parks, there are quite a leisurely. Thanks so much for the ferry line by 7 a.m. as queues can get crazy long especially. Therefore least crowded ) time of year, and so full of green living olympic peninsula 3 day itinerary!
Pulseaudio Volume Control, Xampp Error: Mysql Shutdown Unexpectedly, Ukrainian Driving License In Spain, Taguchi Loss Function Pdf, Academic Coping Strategies, Limassol Airport Arrivals,