The user interface is very clear and easy to use: there is a preview window, a little window showing the scan progress and a palette window containing all settings. I use Vuescan software with it, which is a little rough but makes good scans.

But given the choice now that the scanner companies will probably leave the market soon, I would consider the Imacon as it much less complicated a machine than the Nikon and is probably more likely not to need repair.

I think that the scan quality will be similar in both scanners, though the Nikon has the dust removal feature for color films.

Don't know about Snow Leopard but the native software runs on Leopard 10.5.8 (there's ALWAYS Vuescan)
No digital ICE but I scan mostly b&w.

It's a good alternative for under $500.00 usd but I've yet to hear ANYONE complain about the quality you can get out of a Coolscan 9000.

If I had your budget I'd get a 9000 because I know the quality scans it's capable of.

I have NOT use an Imacon so take my opinion for what it's worth.

I have never used a 9000 or an Imacon 343. Such a scan naturally takes a lot of time but prevents appearence of the lines. 2. scans documents to PDF. All settings can be saved and applied to all 5 slides. Beside the standard film holders there are yet some holders for very special applications. Small bearings at the top and at the bottom hold the film strips tight. Then accordingly sized index images are displayed if desired. I recommend wearing cotton gloves and using tweezers in order to avoid touching the film material. The scanner even refuses to draw the film holder in if no masker is inserted at all. If medium format films curl or curve themselves it can be very difficult or even impossible to insert them into the standard strip film holder FH-869S. The scan software is very clearly arranged and easy to learn. The holder with glass FH-869G plays up to its strength with the possibility to place several images at once on the glass plate. I had the Coolscan 9000 for quite some time, and replaced with the Flextight X5 (alias Imacon 989 if I am not wrong) and the latter blows the former out of the water in my experience. Absolutely blows my flatbed out of the water. Thus there is nothing to be said against placing a medium format film strip with 4 frames sized 4.5x6 in one piece on the glass plate. Properly trimmed film strips have to be manually adjusted. The Nikon Coolscan V is limited in resolution only the film grain itself. The film strip has to be correctly trimmed just like single frames, though. Multiple film formats (120/220, 35mm, etc.). Conclusion for the NikonScan software: I am very pleased with NikonScan. But what is this programm used for with a film scanner? October 28, 2022. Curled slides sagging in the holder can be re-tensioned. But the Coolscan 9000 can also scan medium format films (120/220) from 4,5x6 cm up to 6x9 cm gradually. With this tool you can position the actual image area in tiny steps to the left or to the right by means of the index image, until the desired image area is displayed and thus will finally be pre scanned and fine scanned. The Imacon and Hasselblad models have been advertised to have . No such thing - the scanning time for 35mm negatives with the big Nikon 9000 is 2-3 times longer than with the little Nikon 5000. At first glance the new Version 4 doesn't seem to have changed a lot compared to the old version. ? Improved rod dispersion LED illumination technology. The Coolscan LS-3500 was Nikon's first film scanner. But it doesn't crash with an error message or demands restarting the computer - no, it simply quits itself with the motto "I don't feel like scanning today. 5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Super CoolScan 9000 ED Film Scanner - 3 years in use. The scan software Silverfast was yet included in delivery of the predecessor Nikon 8000, thus virtually every owner of this scanner was using the professional Silverfast software. You can place up to five 35mm slides in this holder. When I grow up, I want to be a photographer. The Scan Image Enhancer optimizes colours and contrast of an image. And at least in my experience, between a 5000 and an X1, the 5000 picked up about 10x more dust than the X1. Verified Purchase. Silverfast Ai serially comes with an IT-8 calibration slide, which can be used to individually calibrate the scanner so that you get real colours and can work in a professional colour management workflow. On a Macintosh machine, it requires Power PC G3 or later, at least 64MB of RAM, and a minimum of 70MB of memory on the hard disk. Nikon recommends having as much free disk space as possible when running Nikon Scan. I'd not say that the corrected image resembles a perfect shot now - the image is brightened exaggeratedly just to show which information dark shadows contain. Ich bin aber inzwischen dazu bergegangen, meine KB-Dias mit dem ES-2 abzufotografieren. But the Coolscan 9000 can also scan medium format films (120/220) from 4,5x6 cm up to 6x9 cm gradually. Or should we just assume the Nikon 9000 scans normal snap shots perfectly and fade to discerning originals like night shots or back light shots? But as aforementioned this kind of function does not enhance image quality but only allows comfortable adjustment of image editing tools directly within the scan software. The question is if the 9000 can make real 4000dpi or if it's a few percent less just like with its smaller brothers. Thing is, I shoot a lot more medium format than 35mm these days. Every fragment of a film, every cropping of a larger film, every exotic format up to 6x9 cm can be processed with this rotatable film holder. Nikon specifies a density range of 4,8. It was already very long with the predecessor LS-8000, but I was expecting an increase of speed similar to the LS-5000 compared to the LS-4000. VueScan 9.7.95. Compared to an Imacon Flextight its a real bargain (1/3 the price). If you purchase the according optional film holder it can handle very special originals, too, like 16mm films, 35mm panorama images (for example 24x65 mm), electron microscope films or medical preparates. Thus the Super Coolscan 9000 ED can digitise up to twelve 35mm images at once. Power Supply PCB for Nikon Coolscan LS-8000 ED and LS-9000 ED scanners are switching power supplies with 3 outputs: +5V, -12.2V, and +15.5V (+/- 5% tolerance). A system with more than the minimum amount of memory is recommended. Maybe wrongly: there is one standart film type that can not be scanned with the LS-9000: current APS films which still are in their cartridges. It' perspicuous that a special rotating film holder with glass has its special price, too. Such profiles can neither be generated nor embeded with NikonScan. The Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED is a multi format film scanner which is able to scan virtually everything concerning foto, film or other originals. * Note: More memory may be required depending on film type, scan size, resolution, bit depth, the number of scans performed in each session, the film holder or adapter used, and whether Digital ROC or Digital GEM are used. Scanning mounted medium format slides works the same way as scanning not mounted medium format material. Nikon COOLSCAN V ED. Newly-developed, high-quality 3-line CCD sensor. In order of decreasing quality; drum (with someone who is an expert operator); Nikon Coolscan 9000 (with fluid mount tray); high end Imacon; High end flatbed (Creo); consumer flatbed used with fluid mount tray (Epson 750 Pro; or consumer flatbed with better "dry" film carrier than Epson delivers; or Epson 750/700 with standard film holder? properly fixed by a bearing at the top and at the bottom. Ive been looking for one myself.
, Len Samson (pfdfiremedic@verizon.net)

. Plus, is definitely faster. But sales hype and user legend-making touted Nikon Coolscan 9000s and Flextights and Imacons outputting 4.0-4.5 DMax capability. Such a strip film holder is "only" a piece of plastic which gets very expensive though when produced in very small batches only. Ever wondered how expensive scanners can get? These maskers are placed on two special guiding pins so that they can not move. LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only. The average of these two resolutions is 3900dpi. When using a weaker computer scanning times slightly increase. I've already mentioned above that Nikon does not ship its new film scanners 5, 5000 and 9000 with Silverfast anymore. This raw format contains (almost) all original information from the scan process, so that you have numerous possibilities of image enhancement and changing scan settings after the scan with the help of Nikon View. In this case it would be advantageous to purchase two FH-869M, so that you can prepare one while the other is in the scanner. Horizontally aligning single panorama images is difficult because they can easily shift when closing the upper glass plate. Naturally this works with several single frames, too but only if they are the same size. This strip film holder accomodates up to 12 35mm negatives/positives. In the first instance it was not clear to me at all why Nikon launched a successor to the LS-8000 ED. But adjusting the neutrals and blacks make things appear that make you wonder: suddenly a green meadow appears out of the darkness and a mixed forrest shows itself in front of a range of mountains. The maskers have the advantage that they isolate the exact area for the desired film material, everything else stays dark. For doing so you have to loosen a lock at the lower metal bar and pull the tension device outwards until the film is tense. it's connected to the PC/Mac via Firewire IEEE 1394. By clicking Sign Up, you are opting to receive promotional, educational, e-commerce and product registration emails from Nikon Inc. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe any time.

Well if the 9000 doesn't scan at 8000 DPI then why are we even discussing this? This number even doubles if you save it with 16Bit inistead of 8Bit per colour channel. With all those catchwords for image correction you can easily forget the often most important process: you can perform multiple scans (2-, 4-, 8-, 16-fold) with the Super Coolsscan 9000 ED, i.e. | ATM.. . Thus Silverfast alone doesn't increase image quality of the Nikon 9000, only using the IT-8 colour calibration, which belongs to Silverfast can remarkably increase quality. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. But if you purchase a second mounted film holder FH-835M you can prepare one while the other is in the scanner. Who already installed NikonScan 4 on his computer, e.g. I switched a year ago from using a Coolscan 9000 to having scans made for me on an Imacon because i thought the latter were better ( and because I found using the Nikon to be a pain). The 9000's price is now skyrocketing out of sight. I think it's surprising that scanning a 6x7 negative is only 2,5 times slower than scanning a 35mm negative although the image area is bigger by the factor of 5. The user interface looks virtually identical, the settings work as known. Just like with 35mm films you should cover unused areas of the film holder when scanning 16mm films according to the user guide. For scanning slightly curled film strips though an automatic strip film adaptor as it is included in delivery of the smaller Nikon film scanners would be better. The big advantage in the Nikon is Digital ICE, which the Imacon doesn't have.

I've also seen detailed comparisons between the Nikon 8000 and the Photo model, and truth be told there's not that much difference between the two when the scans are done competently.

However, if you want to do any medium format panoramic photography, the Imacon is the way to go. Thus mounted slides >from 6x7 upwards have to inserted and scanned separately. Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread Forum: Parent: First: Previous: Next . I can only confirm rumors which accuse a certain blur to the ICE process insofar that in areas where big dust particles have to be corrected away with the surrounding pixels a certain impression of blur inevitably occurs. So you have to purchase Silverfast separately. To place film strips in the holder you have to open the masking frame and insert the film strip left-aligned into both bearings. An Imacon Flextight Photo Precision II is also a possibility. Which lenses on either the medium format or D3X? Furthermore there is NikonView for editing raw files (the same program that you know >from Nikon's digital cameras). While the image correction tool Digital-ICE was integrated into the predecessor LS-8000 the new LS-9000 comes with Digital-ICE 4 Advanced just like the LS-5000. Should we scan maybe 10 standardized test slides with resolution bar, colour patterns and gray scales to check to what extent the scans match the original? 40 sec. This test report describes the test object as we have received and tested it. When scanning negatives the scan software's possibility of saving the user settings is very practical. VueScan 9.7.91. For that purpose you need the mounted film holder FH-869M which is not included in delivery. Overall digitising mounted medium format slides with the mounted film holder FH-869M is easy going. It needs at least 20% more time than the LS-5000. Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II. Today's top 9,000+ Marketing jobs in Milan, Lombardy, Italy. In order to effectively work with the LS-9000 you need a second one of each of those film holders, so that you can load one while the other is in the scanner. By this means two mounted slides up to 6x6 can be batch scanned. The normal user actually has got exactly one film scanner on his desktop, but there is people like me too, who got five different Nikon film scanners standing side by side. The only way to place curled film strips in the holder is to roughly put in the masking window and close the masking frame slowly while correcting the position of the film strip continuously.
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge Toll, Young Ninjas Vs Furia Academy, Sine Wave Controller E-bike, Verdigris Acrylic Paint, Argentina Vs Mexico Tickets, Oktoberfest South Shore Ma, Distinguish Between International Humanitarian Law And Human Rights, React Multipart Upload S3,