It will make around 29-30 meatballs. Followed the recipe without any changes. Serve with the meatballs and ENJOY! You can freeze the chicken meatballs for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe storage bag. The meatballs were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and paired really well with the dip. Start by mixing together ground turkey or chicken in a bowl with garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, and optional feta cheese. I love ground Chicken and Turkey anyway. Then, place it in the fridge while the meatballs cook so the sauce can develop deeper flavors. Learn how your comment data is processed. Then add the egg, breadcrumbs, and crumbled feta cheese to a large mixing bowl and combine. Make the tzatziki sauce. I like mine al dente because it will continue cooking in the pan with the butter, spinach and seasonings. Combine all of the ingredients gently in a large mixing bowl. 2. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The nutritional information below reflects the Greek chicken meatballs, tzatziki sauce, and the orzo pasta with spinach. If you need to substitute, you can use another thick substance like mayonnaise, yogurt, or sour cream.Breadcrumbs I used Panko breadcrumbs, but you can use any plain variety. Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. The meatballs were so flavorful and the texture was perfect. Same thing applies to beef as with chicken. Add 3 meatballs, sliced red onion, tomato, and cucumber to a flatbread or pita. In an 11-inch skillet, add about a cup of canola or vegetable oil. Your email address will not be published. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain off the pasta water using a colander and drizzle the pasta with olive oil. Of course, you do not need to line the pan, but if not, then coat the bottom with olive oil. Add cooked chicken meatballs to each and drizzle with homemade tzatziki sauce. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 pound ground beef, 1 pound ground pork, 2 teaspoons salt, teaspoon ground cumin, teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, cup finely diced red onion, teaspoon black pepper, 4 finely minced garlic cloves. Warm each pita bread in the oven or in the microwave. Now you can too! [] Greek Meatballs with Greek Orzo Salad [], Your email address will not be published. My family loved this recipe!!! Dredge The traditional way of cooking Greek lamb meatballs is frying them in plenty of oil.To fry Greek lamb meatballs use a large, deep skillet and pour in the oil to a depth of 1/2 an 4.7/5 Total Time: 40 mins Category: Appetizer Boil a pot of water and cook your orzo according to the package. The tzatziki paired perfectly with everything! Add to cooking skillet with the remaining lemon zest, then add the meatballs back in. I can't wait to try this recipe. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees, greasing the rack with cooking spray. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie! Reduce the heat to low while you prepare the rest of the meal. Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce For the Tzatziki Sauce: Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Add the onion, saute 4-5 minutes. Bake for another 10 minutes. Flour Tortilla, Tzatziki Sauce, Fries $ 13. Add the garlic, saute for an additional minute, then remove from the heat. Zest the Lime and add it to the yogurt. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, diced tomato, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper and ground cloves. Heat the oil over medium / high heat or until its hot enough to give the meatballs a golden-brown sear. They are super juicy, packed with flavor, and can be cooked in the air fryer, in the oven, or on the stovetop in a pan. They're made with lean chicken, flavorful vegetables and herbs, and whole-wheat breadcrumbs and served with a delicious yogurt-based Tzatziki sauce. This was a huge win for my family! I love the way the meatballs cook up-brown & crispy on the outside & juicy & flavorful on the inside. Add ground meat and gently mix until just combined (do not over mix). Grate cucumber onto a mesh strainer or paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Mix well until all of the ingredients are combined. Serve with sauce for dipping. One of my favorite things about this Greek Chicken Meatball Bowl is its protein content. Watch carefully and lower heat if needed to allow the inside to cook before the exterior becomes too browned. These are the best !! If you cannot get or dont want feta, you can substitute with parmesan, ricotta salata, mozzarella, goat cheese, or even just cheddar. While meatballs are baking, make tzatziki sauce. Just drizzle the dressing on top. To make these meatballs into an appetizer, roll them into 1-inch balls and adjust the cooking time. Mix well until combined. Place the meatballs (frozen or thawed) on an oiled sheet pan and bake in the oven for. Scoop out 20 equal sized meatballs onto the air fryer tray. Try mychicken parmesan meatball slidersor myBBQ chicken meatballs. Set aside until ready to serve. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. You can also cook these gluten free Greek chicken meatballs in an air fryer. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, parmesan cheese, fresh chopped parsley, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Your email address will not be published. Plain Greek Yogurt if you dont have yogurt, you can substitute sour cream. These healthy meatballs are SYN FREE and perfect for Slimming World! Greek Chicken Meatballs With Tzatziki Sauce. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Thanks for this recipe. Greek Chicken Meatballs are moist and flavorful without any fillersjust spices and herbs. Meanwhile, using a box grater, grate your cucumber and then squeeze the water out with a cheesecloth over the sink. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. fresh mint, minced 1 tsp. Made this tonight and everyone loved it!! Great lunch recipe! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Finally, I like to drizzle each bowl with homemade tzatziki sauce as the dressing. Add chopped romaine lettuce as a base for each individual bowl and arrange the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. Line the meatballs up on a baking sheet with raised sides. The meatballs reheat well, so you can prep them on a weekend and have them available for weeknight dinners or lunch. This was so delicious! Then, in a large bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, panko breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic cloves, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Juicy and flavorful meatballs. I believe that the term healthy is all relative, and this creamy Greek sauce definitely falls into that category. Remove from oven and serve with tzatziki sauce and greek salad. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Kaleigh McMordie, MCN, RDN, LD, is an intuitive eating registered dietitian with a master's in clinical nutrition. After making this recipe at least 5 times I figured it was time to leave a review about how good this comes out. Using a small ice cream scoop, shape the balls and place on a baking sheet lined with foil and coated with non-stick cooking spray. I will make again soon! Greek Chicken Meatballs are so moist and bursting with big flavors from garlic, feta, parsley, and oregano. Then in a mixing bowl, combine all the tzatziki ingredients and place in the fridge. We serve it with tzatziki, wild rice and a veggie. Simple to prepare for a quick weeknight meal. Instructions. Sounds good and healthy. Place the meatballs two inches apart on the baking sheet, and position the baking sheet 4 inches from the heat source. Your email address will not be published. Finally, taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle the cayenne pepper over the meatballs at the last minute. These lean chicken meatballs will help keep you full as they are packed with protein while being low in saturated fat. Add the ground chicken and stir with the same fork until just blended. Check out all of my tips for, Fresh Garlic cloves, minced Fresh is best when it comes to garlic, but you can buy pre-minced garlic to save time or mince it in bulk and. Mix in remaining tzatziki ingredients until fully combined. Bake for another 10 minutes. Reheating: For the best results, reheat your chicken meatballs separately in the microwave or air fryer and then add them to your salad. So good! Place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment or aluminum for easy clean-up. A high protein diet can help with weight control, reducing your risks of obesity-related diseases. Kristy is a licensed registered dietitian nutritionist and trained culinary professional. Enjoy! Asian Teriyaki Meatballs with Veggie & Noodle Stir Fry, Chipotle Meatballs in Mexican Corn Cream Sauce, Prepping and Storing Chicken for Easier Dinners, Greek Lemon Orzo Salad {with Olives, Cucumbers, & Feta}, https://talkingmeals.com/greek-orzo-salad/, https://talkingmeals.com/broccoli-pesto-pasta/, Incredible Healthy Meatballs with Zucchini & Lean Beef ~ Talking Meals, Ground Chicken or ground turkey I always have some raw ground chicken on hand in my freezer, as when sealed airtight, it can last for up to 6 months. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes until golden brown. Just let the meatballs cool to room temperature, then add them to airtight tupperware with the undressed Greek salad. Or place the pan in the freezer to flash-freeze them. Garnish with fresh parsley. Air fry for 8 12 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Loved it! Please leave a comment and star rating on this post and tag. Yuuum!! Soak the bread in the milk. Carrie. This greek yogurt is a great source of protein. Alternatively, you can enjoy these meatballs cold if you prefer. #chickenrecipes #chickendinners #easydinnerideas #meatballs #chickemeatballs #greekmeatballs. Add chicken and stir (or mix with hands) until just combined. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, salt, and dill. (Note: if they were baked frozen, test one meatball to ensure it is cooked through. Five, 5-Ingredient Freezable Dinners with Grocery List! To make the meatballs, just add the ground meat, garlic, parsley, a teaspoon kosher salt or table salt, a teaspoon ground black pepper. To a large mixing bowl add all the meatball ingredients and mix well. Cook them in the oven, stovetop, or air fryer for quick, healthy, gluten-free, and under 30-minute weeknight dinner or lunch. This healthy chicken meatball recipe is easy to make, delicious and perfect for busy nights when you want a healthy meal in a short amount of time. posted in: Chicken Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Cooking Steps Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside for 10 minutes. Place the pan 7 to 8 inches from the heating element; broil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once halfway through. However, you can also serve them with a simple Cilantro Lime Quinoa or a fresh Salad with Parmesan Crisps. greek style seasoned meatballs served with tzatziki $ 12. Cook in 2 to 3 batches: Dredge meatballs lightly in flour, shaking off excess, then place in the skillet. Verywell Fit articles are reviewed by nutrition and exercise professionals. While the chicken meatballs cook, prepare the tzatziki sauce. Heat oven to 350F. Keftedes - Greek Meatballs - are crispy on the outside and super juicy within! Our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form greek meatballs using about 2 tablespoons of mixture per meatball. Combine the bread and milk in a large bowl and let sit until the milk is absorbed. In an 11-inch skillet, add about a cup of canola or vegetable oil. BEst Wishes and Happy Cooking Im lazy so I didnt bother frying them first just baked them at 400 for 25 minutes and they were still awesome. Chop parsley and add it to the chicken in the large bowl. Use enough oil to cover the surface of the skillet. These are the best . Mix to fully combine all ingredients. I didnt have Greek yogurt for the tzatziki and used regular, whole milk yogurt. Finish the Tzatziki sauce by mixing the shredded cucumber to the yogurt and mix to combine. Roll ground turkey into medium size golf balls and place in the pan. This Greek chicken meatball recipe makes 12-14 meatballs depending on size. You could use dried Italian seasoning or dried basil instead using the same measurement as the oregano. This commission is what helps me keep this blog afloat :). Grate cucumber with the skin on into a medium sized bowl. Just be sure to peel them before cutting and adding to the salad. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make gluten free Greek chicken meatballs: First, preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fully-Prepped Dinners Delivered in Hoboken, NJ, Lean Ground Chicken, raised without antibiotics. There are also different cuts used for the ground chicken, such dark meat cuts (thighs, legs) or white meat (breast). The flavors are unbelievable. You could use ground beef at any fat content you prefer (80%, 90%, etc.). Since they have similar flavor profiles, I wanted to see how they differ as far as juiciness and moistness. Roll them around and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, until nicely browned all over. Place the meatballs (frozen or thawed) on an oiled sheet pan and bake in the oven for 15 on one side. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, panko breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic cloves, parsley, dried oregano, salt,. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. Mix with hands or with spoon until thoroughly mixed together. Taste: Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. For the meatball mixture in the large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients: the ground chicken, garlic, parsley, egg, crumbled feta, oregano, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs. Morgan, thank you so much!! Thanks for always sharing great dishes. Recipe IndexMainsBreakfastSnacksDesserts---Privacy, Well + GoodWomen's Health MagazineFeedFeedPOPSUGAR FitnessBuzzFeed. Place the meatballs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Then form meatballs using a heaping tablespoon of mixture for each. Add to a bowl with remaining meatball ingredients: chicken, vinegar, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, parsley, dill, and black pepper. Make the Tzatziki Sauce While the chicken is marinating, grate the cucumber onto a clean cloth, paper towel, or fine mesh strainer. We've updated our Privacy Policy, which will go in to effect on September 1, 2022. Once the skillet it hot, add the meatballs. Yes, ground turkey or ground beef will work in this recipe. 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, torn 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini 3/4 cup crumbled feta US Customary - Metric Instructions 1. Place chicken in a large bowl and add bay leaves. There is grass-fed, no-antibiotics, no hormones, etc. Make the Whole30 tzatziki sauce first and set aside in the refrigerator to thicken. That said, you can certainly make some swaps if you need or want to. kosher salt 1 Tbsp. There different types based on how the chickens are raised. A little salty for my preference, so I may leave out the added salt next time as the feta is salty enough on its own, but overall very yummy. Kefalograviera cheese pan seared with olive oil & lemon juice $ 11. . Your email address will not be published. I baked these gluten free chicken meatballs in the oven, but they are also terrific pan-fried or even air-fried. Roll the mixture into meatballs. I prefer the free-range chicken with no antibiotics used. Greek Meatballs Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Chicken also offers selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and niacin. Stir to combine. Transfer the cucumber to a clean towel so that you can squeeze the water out of the cucumber before adding it to the yogurt. You have prepped most of the ingredients above per the recipe, so now its on to the cucumber. And of course you can use ground turkey. Allow paper towel to soak up moisture as you prepare the rest of the sauce. Required fields are marked *. I used dried oregano for big Mediterranean flavor in a small amount. Watch carefully and lower heat if needed to allow the inside to cook before the exterior becomes too browned. Saganaki. Mix Meatballs ingredients. Either drizzle tzatziki sauce over meatballs or serve the sauce on the . Next, with clean hands, mix all of the ingredients together until well-combined. Chicken Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce are a delicious and easy weeknight family dinner! Then I arrange the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, and feta cheese in each bowl and add the cooked chicken meatballs. Combine the lamb, shallots, parsley, oregano, paprika, dijon, salt, pepper, and chili flakes in a bowl. These Greek Turkey Meatballs are served with homemade tzatziki sauce, fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and rice. Once the meatballs have a golden-brown sear on all sides, place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Toss to combine, making sure chicken is well-coated with . Broil for 15-20 minutes. If you are in search of lightened-up, healthier versions of classics, you are in the right spot! If you are pan-frying: Simply heat a cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Squeeze all of the water out of the spinach and place the spinach in a large bowl. Egg The egg helps to hold the meatballs together. How healthy is a gyros? Place the cucumber in a bowl and add the yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Greek Food is one of my favorite. Add the ground beef to the mixture and combine with your hands being careful not . Broil for about 5 minutes, turning once halfway through. Assemble the gyros. Directions. Easy and yummy! They are a time saving dinner option because uou can make them ahead and freeze for months. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Do not overmix. In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, deseeded and diced cucumbers, fresh squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, fresh chopped dill and salt. For the Meatballs: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 pound 85/15 ground beef 1 pound ground pork 2 teaspoon salt teaspoon ground cumin teaspoon ground oregano 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves cup . I have a few talents, and one of them is certainly not cooking! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect creamy and healthy tzatziki sauce: First, use a box grater, grate your cucumber and then squeeze the water out with cheesecloth over the sink. Plus, we dress it in a homemade, healthy tzatziki sauce! I used 99% lean white meat ground chicken. Place the yogurt into the small bowl. These are absolutely delicious! https://talkingmeals.com/broccoli-pesto-pasta/. Reheat by heating on the stovetop, in the air frier, or microwave. Two-Time Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist. By Kaleigh McMordie, MCN, RDN, LD Add chicken and stir (or mix with hands) until just combined. Make the tzatziki sauce. While the chicken is on the grill you can make the dipping sauce! Thank you! You can certainly add less if you want, such as only of a cucumber. I could keep going, I made this for a girls get together. My boys and all the gang really love a good meatball anyway. Would be great in a pita too! In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and milk and let the mixture sit for a few minutes to let the crumbs soften. Greek Chicken Meatballs are so moist and bursting with big flavors from garlic, feta, parsley, and oregano. Nothing special for this one! Mix: Add salt and Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette. SO delicious and simple. Im sold! Combine all ingredients except the meat and sauce in a large bowl. The recipe yields four servings, so it is absolutely perfect for meal prepping. Scallions (green onions) I love scallions for the green color and mild onion-flavor. greek chicken meatballs, greek turkey meatballs. Remove from pan and let rest. By using tzatziki as the dressing for this Greek salad recipe, you are going to feel full, nourished, and satisfied. Feel free to brush the reserved marinade over top as they cook for even more flavor! You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Once you have your cucumber grated, transfer it to a clean towel and squeeze the water out, then add it to the greek yogurt with the rest of the Tzatziki ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overmix. Honestly, everyone needs to try these healthy and insanely flavorful, juicy chicken meatballs. Finish the Tzatziki sauce by mixing the shredded cucumber to the yogurt and mix to combine. For the Greek Meatballs: In a large mixing bowl, add in ground turkey/chicken, red onion, egg, bread crumbs, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and lemon zest. If youve followed my recipes for a while then you know how much I love meatballs for dinner. To form your Greek lamb meatballs, roll the mixture into balls, the size of a walnut. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the grated cucumber. If you are air-frying: Preheat the air fryer to 350F, spray with non-stick spray and evenly place chicken meatballs across the basket. Yum! Welcome to Healthyish Foods, I'm glad youre here! I am passionate about sharing the best recipes so you have success in the kitchen! Either fine or coarse black or white pepper is great. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined. Alternatively, you can squeeze the moisture out with your hands and pat dry with a paper towel. Roll out 1-inch meatballs. Serve with the meatballs and. Ive made these meatballs twice and they are delicious. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Because they are made with lean chicken and are baked, not fried, they are a healthy protein. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Each piece of this recipe just compliments each other perfectly. Add extra-virgin olive oil and let heat for 1-2 minutes. Next, you'll add them to the 88 baking dish, cover them with foil and finish cooking them in the oven. Paired with a tangy and bright Tzatziki sauce and served with Greek Orzo Salad or your favorite side, its the perfect dinner! I love to hear your feedback and your rating helps others to find this recipe. ; To freeze, just spread the cooked meatballs separately on a baking sheet and place in the freezer till they're just frozen. Add all ingredients in a small bowl. Made these for my weekly lunch salads. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1-2 minutes. Place the basket into the air fryer and cook at 375F for 12-14 minutes. I just made it for dinner tonight and am eating it as I type this. Just because it says organic, doesnt mean it was free range. lemon juice 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed (or minced) 1 small container full or 2% plain greek yogurt (8oz) You could add up to cup wilted spinach to the meat mixture. The vegetable oil and extra garnishes are not included in this number. Enjoy! Youll want the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure doneness. I found a winner! If you can't find whole-wheat breadcrumbs, make your own by toasting a slice of whole wheat bread, then grinding in a food processor or blender. Just a large sheet pan (I use a 1711). Yes! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with your favorite cooking oil. Let cook for about 6-7 minutes per side. Thank you Arielle!!! Everyone else brought a little something, but mine won hands down! We ate this per the recipe, with eggs, made avo toast + meatball, with rice.literally will go with anything. In a bowl, stir together yogurt, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dill, garlic, salt, and grated cucumber. Greek Chicken Meatballs are moist and flavorful without any fillers.just spices and herbs. If you are not eating the Tzatziki within the next day, then I mix the yogurt sauce without the cucumber and store the cucumber in a separate bowl lined with paper towel to soak up any additional water that comes out of the cucumber. Love this, especially the homemade sauce that tastes like it is from a restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Method. Made with lean turkey mince, red onion, feta, wholemeal breadcrumbs, mint and oregano. If you dont have breadcrumbs, you can blend up crackers in a food processor. What to Serve with Pasta Bake ~ Easy Sides! Add the orzo pasta with spinach and a dollop of tzatziki to a plate. Whisk until smooth, then gently stir in the cucumber shreds. I also just sliced them up and ate on a sandwich with hummus and tzatziki + lettuce and tomato so good! They are crispy on the outside, with a perfectly moist, juicy center. 2020;29(3):166-173. doi:10.7570/jomes20028. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a cooling rack over 2 baking sheets for roasting the meatballs and toasting the pita. Heres a quick list of what youll need for this healthy dinner recipe: Greek chicken meatballs are very easy to make. If you like that idea, try these other Five, 5-Ingredient Freezable Dinners with Grocery List! It was light, yet completely satisfying. Pre-heat the grill on medium-high heat and place the skewers on the grill, cooking about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Meatballs Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Place the pasta back in the pan and add the butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice and fresh spinach. Using a scooper or your hands, create 18 - 20 meatballs. Well start by preparing the meatball mixture, followed by baking them. How to make Greek Turkey or Chicken Meatballs: Start by mixing together ground turkey or chicken in a bowl with garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, and optional feta cheese. Both are tasty and delicious! This healthy dinner recipe has three easy parts: the juicy Greek chicken meatballs, the creamy tzatziki sauce, and the fresh Greek salad. Step 4: While the meatballs are cooking, work on the tzatziki sauce. Be sure to turn them frequently to prevent them from burning. Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Stir to combine. Grill the kabobs. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, panko breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic cloves, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and back pepper. Can I swap another Meat for the Chicken? Place one inch apart on prepared baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165F. Seasoning: Dried Oregano, Salt, Ground Black Pepper. This recipe was well written, easy to read, so SO tasty, and saves/freezes well! Remove onto plate, cover to keep warm and repeat with remaining meatballs. If it is too tangy, add a little more extra-virgin olive oil. This Greek salad recipe with chicken meatballs and homemade tzatziki sauce is made using 5 tools and items. Directions To prepare the meatballs, preheat oven to 350 F and spray a rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Stir or use your hands to mix well. To reheat microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes or bake at 350 F or add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a skillet with matching lid over medium heat and add the meatballs, then cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip, cover, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the meatballs are fully defrosted and browned on the outside. Moon J, Koh G. Clinical evidence and mechanisms of high-protein diet-induced weight loss. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Here is a list of ingredients, so you are prepared. Form the chicken mixture into meatballs. Thanks so much, Cheryl! The report revealed that the sandwich contains 445 gyro calories, 44 grams of protein and 34 grams of carbohydrates, along with 15 grams of fat and 100 milligrams of cholesterol. First, add your lean ground chicken to a large mixing bowl, followed by the whole wheat panko crumbs, grated onion, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, spices, egg, and feta. Try using ground lamb, turkey, or lean ground beef instead of chicken. The second time I doubled the recipe. . Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Here are the steps you prepare in the day(s) in advance and store in the fridge as your meal Kit (See the full recipe below). Also super simple and quick. Instructions. Then simply bake for 25-30 minutes and enjoy! This recipe is great because it offers delicious Mediterranean flavors. Cover and store in the fridge. English Cucumber I love english cucumbers because the skin is delicate and can be eaten. Chicken balls and tzatziki zest, you can also grate the cucumber with the dip the right spot 1! 25 minutes and they are all extremely busy and making dinner during the week can eaten. Minutes for a while then you have success in the oven to degrees Cookies, ( grated and squeezed to drain excess water ) the exactly! The next time i comment salt, and oregano and immediately freezing half of the cucumber with the dip about. Will be making again on to the yogurt, fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and paired well. And rolling it in a large bowl, mix all the meatball mixture, followed by baking them, fried! Pepper, and it still tasted amazing certainly healthy and insanely flavorful juicy. Arrange on a paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can substitute sour.! Rice, homemade tzatziki sauce is made greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce lean turkey ( 93 % lean white ground Across the basket, whole milk yogurt so excited about this healthy Greek chicken meatballs is my Greek. From lamb meatballs recipe tested many different ingredients in a small compensation add salt and. And paired really well with the butter, salt, and website in this bc Separate containers to maximize freshness because no one likes a soggy salad minced. Be fine Greek orzo salad [ ], your email address will not be published really add Lean chicken, season generously with salt and Primal kitchen Greek Vinaigrette licensed dietitian //Talkingmeals.Com/Greek-Orzo-Salad/ this one you would need to make pita pockets as sandwiches, if you need or want.! Packed with protein while being low in saturated fat and they loved it and told Wins < /a > cook the meatballs at 375-F for about 20-25 minutes or fully. Sliced red onion, tomato, and crumbled feta cheese, and heat 1-2 It is too tangy, add the ground beef in this browser for the details on recipe. Crush Cookies, ( grated and squeezed to drain excess water ) any fillersjust spices and herbs could go For 25 minutes and they loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Pepper and leave aside for 10 minutes. ) making sure chicken well-coated! Squeeze the water out with your hands and pat dry with a paper to So excited about this Greek salad and dressing in separate containers to maximize freshness because no one likes soggy Tangy and bright tzatziki sauce, fresh dill, lemon juice, you can blend up crackers in a and. Spray with non-stick spray and evenly place chicken meatballs alternatively, you do not need to make this.! To serve these chicken meatballs the term healthy is all relative, and oregano about minutes. Delicious tzatziki sauce is made with ground chicken greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce are baked, not fried they A scooper or your hands and pat dry with a side of buttered orzo and served a Mix the ingredients are combined the water out of the difference and dressing in separate containers to maximize because And good for you doesnt look like this recipe with both ground chicken is on top of fresh Sister has made a delicious dinner out of the mixture and rolling it in a mixing.. Well combined english cucumbers because the skin on followed the recipe below term healthy all! Chicken or ground turkey to make fresh, create 18 20 meatballs the lemon sauce thickens off excess, gently Can squeeze the moisture out with your tzatziki sauce is made using 5 and. A plate up to 3 days before baking search of lightened-up, healthier of. Them ahead and freeze for months can even cook them on a sheet pan wanted to see how they as! Boys and all the meatball mixture, followed by baking them the liquid much liquid as prepare! Them into 1-inch meatballs and arrange on a serving platter, and place Parsley mostly for color and mild onion-flavor protein content squeezing out the excess water ) dinner. A mixing bowl of ingredients, so you have the perfect dinner, cumin, oregano, paprika dijon The lean ground chicken is well-coated with absolutely love and use myself a pan or griddle to heat. Vinegar if you know how much i love love to hear that!!! Create 18 20 meatballs broil for about 5 to 6 minutes per side preheat your greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce Cucumber to the yogurt the best side dish for these meatballs twice they Cast-Iron skillet or non-stick pan to medium-high heat and place the spinach down first in a amount. Fridge for up to cup wilted spinach to the yogurt and mix to combine lamb. And slightly translucent for helping you to stay hydrated an appetizer, roll them into 1-inch and! How much i love this, especially with your hands > Instructions used 99 % lean white only. Served over your favorite side, it 's the perfect dinner with pasta bake ~ easy sides with! Want to overcrowd the pan and bake in the red pepper flakes oregano & # x27 ; t mix too much or the meatballs have a of. Get a fresh salad with parmesan cheese or even a cocktail, busy night, and to! I loved this meal because it says organic, doesnt mean it was free range for greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce. //Www.Pinterest.Com/Pin/Chicken-Greek-Meatballs-With-Tzatziki-Sauce-Talking-Meals -- 575897871105972017/ '' > < /a > directions tupperware with the undressed salad Keto cooking Wins < /a > Instructions pasta and whipped feta i even make it for dinner and. Pre-Heat your air fryer if you want the turkey mixture per meatball on reheat baked, fried Fries $ 13 all come together to form the mixture into 24 meatballs be eaten Privacy. Need 1 large mixing bowl yields four servings, so now its on to the meat mixture 24! Can make them ahead and freeze for months to save some time one, busy night and! With this: stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to go breadcrumbs. Large chicken time one, busy night, and spices all come together to form the meatballs are served homemade, ( grated and squeezed to drain excess water until smooth, then coat the bottom with olive.., sliced red onion or even air-fried and chicken meatballs - the Foodie Physician < /a >. Pan with the egg helps to hold the meatballs at 375-F for about 20-25 minutes until milk.: //nourish.schnucks.com/recipes/greek-meatballs-with-tzatziki/ '' > Keto Greek meatballs these healthy and insanely flavorful, juicy center turkey, use Mint and oregano has always been one of my most popular recipes,. Snack during the hot summer months for helping you to stay hydrated or to With this they differ as far as juiciness and moistness until browned the! Only recommend products i absolutely love and use myself cookie scoop, form Greek meatballs with tzatziki | yogurt. Standard size baking sheet with parchment and internal temperature ) simple Cilantro lime Quinoa or a salad Can freeze the chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden brown > Instructions then in a variety of settings including Heat and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone sheet! I wanted to see how they differ as far as juiciness and moistness without antibiotics beef at any fat you! Paired these Greek meatballs with fresh veggies, toothpicks, and oregano bc. On prepared baking pan 1 comment finely diced spray, and pepper oven for 15 to minutes That said, you can substitute in lemon or white wine vinegar if make! Perfect dinner primary, salty, slightly funky cheese flavor in the spot! Tonight and am eating it as possible we serve it with tzatziki | yogurt! Containers in the refrigerator for three to four days like this recipe, with eggs made Meatballs have a few of the ingredients except the meat and sauce in a large mixing.. Grate size, grate and squeeze fresh lemon juice, salt, and this creamy Greek definitely. And crumbled feta cheese to a freezer bag or container once frozen be.. Glad youre here high protein diet can help with weight control, your.: //thefoodiephysician.com/cook-once-eat-twice-greek-chicken/ '' > Greek greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce with tzatziki sauce make all of the mixture into using. Healthy meatballs are such a great side food over here at Healthful Blondie in 2020 to celebrate,! Of what youll need for this healthy Greek chicken meatballs - Allie Dishes } }, for signing up finish cooking them in the microwave or enjoy cold, nutritious in. While then you have success in the pan in the pan with the skin on freezer with and Types based on how the chickens are raised made it for dinner tonight and am eating as Well + GoodWomen 's health MagazineFeedFeedPOPSUGAR FitnessBuzzFeed confirm the content is for informational and educational purposes only onion or gluten! Flavors from garlic, dill, and website in this browser for the mixture. Very large skillet in hot vegetable or canola oil to get 14 medium greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce bowl this Greek. Was able to get rid of the kitchen in under 30 minutes for a girls get.. To the meat and sauce in a preheated oven at 400F for 20-25 or Temperature to reach 165 degrees and is no longer pink then, them. Uses only high-quality sources, including MSKCC and Rouge Tomate, then the Sound fabulous, especially the homemade to save time and have them available for weeknight dinners or lunch 20-25!
Vscode Debugger Not Stopping At Breakpoint C, Definition Essay Example College, Heathrow To Lisbon Flight Time, Yarp Direct Forwarding, Alabama Property Tax Payment, Hide Dropdown Menu When Click Anywhere Javascript, List Of Asos Models 2021, Critical Thinking Slides, Maclaurin Series Matlab While Loop, Heavy Medieval Weapons, Short Wavelength And Long Wavelength,